Warning… this granola is so good you may not stop eating it. It’s super frugal too, only costing me about $2.80 for enough to fill a glass gallon jar - so is the equivalent of more than 3 boxes of granola from the store.
Here’s the recipe:
Peanut Chocolate Granola
1. Preheat oven to 300*
2. Combine in a large bowl:
10 cups combined rolled oats, barley, and triticale.
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups roasted peanuts
3. Stir together in a sauce pan on med/low :
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbs Chocolate Extract
1 1/2 tea salt
4. Mix into the dry mixture until completely saturated.
5. Spread into two baking pans (I used 9X13 Pyrex) and Bake at 300* for 40 minutes... stirring frequently (set a timer for every 7 minutes or so).
6. As soon as it starts to look dry and brown, take out of the oven, stir thoroughly, and allow to cool.
7. When it’s cool, add in: 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips. I added mine in before it was completely cool and the chocolate chips melted a little bit, making these super yummy clusters of chocolate covered with oats. YUM!