Day 1: We watched Elf and I made this amazing caramel corn with no corn syrup!
- Preheat oven to 300
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a sauce pan
- Add in 1 cup honey, 1 cup organic brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix constantly as you bring it to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Pour over 12 cups popped popcorn.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Shake a bit of kosher salt of fresh ground salt over each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes stirring (carefully) halfway through.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before eating to avoid burns.
Day 2: Make peg nativity.
Day 3: Special chocolate.
Day 4: Making giant paper snowflakes
Day 5: Journey to Bethlehem
Day 6: Breakfast with Santa and Gingerbread Houses
We are almost done with week 2 so there will be another installment I a few days!