Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Handcrafted Gifts ~ Chalkboard Sign

This inexpensive chalk board brings a nice natural look to a space, and it is super easy to make too!

What you need:

Natural wood craft round (Micheal's)
Chalk board paint (Home Depot)
Electric drill (staple gun would work)
Thick ribbon
Chalk

I bought a craft round at Micheal's. Then painted it with chalkboard paint, carefully making a very neat edge. I then drilled two holes in the top and hung it with a nice thick ribbon. You could easily staple the ribbon to the back with a staple gun as well. It took about a half hour from start to finish. And that included the time for the paint to dry! Easy!

Alex has been using it as a sign for his potion shop. There are quite a few others on my list who are going to get some version of this beautiful (and useful!) project for Christmas. I was thinking for a mama to hang in the kitchen for grocery lists, or a teen girl for her notes, or a little one wrapped up with a whole box of chalk to color with....

The possibilities are endless with this blank slate. ( Pun completely intended. ;) )

signature
SHARE:

8 comments

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Adorable!!! These are the same wood rounds I used to make our fairy house last Christmas. Chalkboard paint rocks : )

Christina Scovel said...

Love it. Great idea as a gift or just for me!

The Family FIve said...

Very cool idea! We actually have some cut wood in the garage just like that! My husband used them for some work activity and when he brought them back home, I couldn't bring myself to burn them. But I didn't know what I was going to do with them...now I do! Thanks!!

Sarah said...

I've seen these somewhere else on the web, and thought they were great the. Thanks for the reminder...I know a couple of people who I could give them to as gifts.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love this, what a great idea! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Chell said...

So cute I love it

Equisetum said...

Great idea. Love it!

Unknown said...

I like your wood chalkboard and your whole blog. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Merry Christmas! Lisa:)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig