Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It rained today



Light patter all afternoon on my bedroom wall. The kids playing in the backyard with umbrellas. Everyone wore a coat.

Fall in the northwest is filled with longing for warm soups and fresh baked breads. These rainy day moments are what a lot of us live for. We wait for the heat of summer to disapate and the cool breezes and light rains to move in.
When I went to the garden to pick tomatos for dinner I saw unimagined beauty just waiting to be captured. It is the only time since I have had this camera that I have wished for a better one. The dropplets were too intense to catch on film, the beauty to small and delicate. I tried, but I truly fail to do it justice.



SHARE:

7 comments

Laurie said...

Ok, can I just say that those pictures are just flipping gorgeous!!! Girl, I love your garden. I wish I could come visit you!!

What kind of camera do you have?

Laurie said...

Ok, I just read on amity's what kind of camera you have. I'm in the market for a better camera, whether dh likes it or not, lol! I just feel so limited with mine. Its a good camera but the lens is small and I just have a hard time getting the kind of pictures I want! Of course it would help if I had a beautiful garden full of flowers to take pictures of!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Thank you Laurie! It has been so much fun this year experimenting and documenting the garden. I really hope that I can get that book done. I need to get some of these printed out. lol!

Val

Brie said...

Breathtaking!

Renee said...

I always love to see your gard3en pics, Val. They are so breathtakingly gorgeous. I love the sweet little toadstool!

radicalshift said...

your photography, gardening, and combination of the two is an inspiration. (hugs)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Thank you so much guys! I love doing it and sharing it. So you enjoying it is a big fat bonus. :D

Val

Blogger Template Created by pipdig