Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Décor 2014

2014-12-25 031

This year I spent very little time on our decorations.  More than anything, my favorite décor element right now is ‘clean’.  But the day before our one and only Christmas party I did cut a few boughs, add in some holly and had my oldest help me clean up the front porch.

 2014-12-25 032

My Christmas tree this year was decorated with handmade ornaments that my daughter and I made and silver and red jingle bells.  It was very simple, very clean, and very lovely. 

2014-12-15 004

Here are a few of the ornaments that we made over the years.  The burned wooden rounds and scrabble tiles were this year.  I also made and gave many as gifts.  I have started adding the years on each of these ornaments so I know when we made which ones.

2014-12-15 030

The mantel was equally simple with the same burlap banner that I used for fall, but instead of pressed leaves into it, I did a garland of blinking star lights.  Sugar Pine cones and a greenery garland draped on top of the mantel finished it off with some red candles.

2014-11-30 007

I have seen so many design blogs that create these whole new spaces for the holidays.  I can’t help but think, what a chore!  Yes, they are beautiful, but I really like ‘simple’ and ‘clean’ best of all.  Always.

Happy Holidays!

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig