Monday, June 18, 2012

Purple Afternoon Baby Shower

_MG_7912

My friend has been in the process of adopting a baby for the past year.  Anyone who has walked this road knows it can be as painful and hard as trying to conceive.  So when she finally got her precious daughter I really wanted to shower her with love and throw her baby a big fat welcome into their family!

IMG_1492

The décor was classic yet very feminine with purple being the predominate color.  On the mantel and entry shelf I put the last of the season’s lilacs.  They made the whole house smell sweet as I got the rest of the prep stuff done.

I made a bunting of purple fabrics for decoration.  Some of these fabrics are older than me!   I completely forgot to get a close up of it before sending it home for the baby’s room.  I can tell you that I used pinking sheers to fray the edges so it has a shabby chic feel to it.  It turned out pretty adorable.  Smile

_MG_7905

I planned the party to be a rotating event due to lack of space, so I needed to have the refreshments be light and self service.  A make-your-own yogurt parfait bar fit the bill perfectly!  Fresh berries, coconut, granola, raisins, and chocolate chips were there for self-serve along with a soup tureen of yummy vanilla yogurt.

IMG_1488

Sweet tea with stripy paper straws was on the side board.

_MG_7904

<3   The new mama with her baby:

_MG_7925

The party activity was a canvas that I placed wooden letters on spelling out the baby’s name and a few markers for all the guests to write wishes, blessings, prayers, etc to hang in the baby’s room.  I sent this home with the mama along with the bunting that was above the yogurt bar.

_MG_7910

_MG_7911

The favors were violas in little pots.

_MG_7909

Each one had a tag that said “The start of something beautiful!” 

_MG_7930

I chose the violas because they spread like mad when put in a sunny spot. My hope was that each person who took one home and planted it would think of the new family each time they glanced at their little patch of purple flowers!

It was a beautiful shower!

SHARE:

1 comment

Bethanthemum said...

Wow, what an adorable baby shower! I love your use of canning jars, and the whimsical striped straws. Little Layla and momma are sure lucky to have you as a friend. Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig