Our Around the World for Christmas List is shaping up beautifully! I put in all the cards in the Advent Calendar this morning and the kids, one by one, came out and asked me when we were going to start opening the cards. lol!
We got some ideas from our curriculum “Children Around the World” from Winter’s Promise, but many other great ideas come from free websites. My two favorites:
Each and every day has an activity or a craft and I shared as many links as I could just in case you wanted to join along! I have chosen a treat, a tradition, a craft, a recipe, and a few stories for each country/culture to focus on each day and I will share our most loved ones as we go along. This has been a labor of love, but I have to tell you that I am more excited about it than the kids are!
Our Christmas Around the World advent list:
1. Journey to Bethlehem!!
2. (China) Fried Wonton cookies
7. (Scandinavia) Straw Ornaments
8. (Germany) Hidden Coin Gingerbread Cake
10. Getting our Christmas Tree
11. Put up lights with daddy
12. Shopping with daddy
13. (Greece/Italy) Write love notes to parents to open on Christmas Eve & St Lucia Paper Dolls (for St Lucy’s Day)
14. (Africa) Make a Christmas drum
15. (Philippines) Make Christmas Stars out of whatever we can (sticks, straw, beads and wire... all kinds.
16. (Australia) Celery Rose print wrapping paper & making S’mores
17. *This starts the weekend of lights that leads right up to Hanukkah* Zoo lights w/ hot cider
18. Fantasy Lights w/ cocoa
19. Driving through Gem Heights looking at lights w/ warm honeyed milk
20.(USA) *Happy Hanukkah!* Dreidel for Chocolate coins and Challah bread. Hanukkah coloring sheet.
21. (Canada) Christmas tree cookies to our friends and neighbors
22. (Mexico) Making paper poinsettias
23. (Guatemala) Sawdust Ornaments
24. Family Christmas Movie
25. Open Stockings!!
I will send you the table I made with a treat, tradition, craft, story list, and recipe for each country if you would like. I spent so much time on it I would love for others to get something out of it! Just drop me a comment or an email.
And now I am going to bed with this sweet young man. Have a beautiful night!