Saturday, August 27, 2011

5 ways to pamper your children - part 2

It’s been ‘hot’. And I leave that in quotations because it has been on average about 80* in the afternoons here. lol.. so not really ‘hot’… just hot for Western Washington this summer. How sad is that?

My kids don’t get to play in water outside until it is 80* outside… so they haven’t gotten to pull out any kind of water device until this last week.

Way to pamper your kids #2: Just Add Water!

_MG_2140-1

Above are two squirt bottles that are in the beauty section of Target (these replace squirt guns in our house, and they usually work better anyway!) and then sponge balls (idea from here). 

Two full days of outside water battle fun and a beautiful 7 day forecast.  And my kids have naturally stayed out from underfoot while I do some last minute homeschool prep for the start of our year.  It’s a win/win pampering moment.

SHARE:

2 comments

mandi said...

Fun! It's been so hot here that we don't even bother with going out past 8 am. Seriously. Today the forecast is 108. Isn't that insane? I think the hardest part is having about 30 days straight of triple digit temps. It starts to wear you down.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

WOW Mandi! That is crazy! As much as I hate to say it I would rather have our weather than yours. That is just nuts. I think all of us from this part of the country would evaporate. ;)

Blessings,

Val

Blogger Template Created by pipdig