Thursday, July 1, 2010

100lbs of strawberries and doing much better...

I think the worst of it was the flu. As I have been doing way better these last couple days and it has continued to improve with time. I am still sick in the mornings (isn't that ironic?) but after 11 I am functional and considering my husband works from noon to midnight, that has been a blessing! I still have issues with smells (the smell of our new couch has been really bugging me, and cooking meat... yeah. Not good.) but so much better that I have actually eaten two days in a row and am starting to feel as though I can stay awake for a few hours at a time. Which is a vast improvement.

Thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations! It is so nice to have so many good thoughts coming my way from all over the blogosphere.

My best friend and I cranked out 19 freezer meals last week and I have been putting them to good use. Cooking daily is just beyond me for this moment. But we have prepared well.

Picked up 100lbs of strawberries from the farm today. (9 1/2 flats.) Right now I employed my kids to help and we are half done getting these organic bursts of flavor into the freezer. YUM! Then I will go and take a nap with Logan and enjoy a simple garden salad and another freezer meal for dinner with a movie.

To everything there is a season.

signature

SHARE:

6 comments

eva said...

Atta Girl!!

SO nice to see what you are teaching....

I see you children are taught well how to work with sharp knives - something that is a few and far between "learning". NEVER too early to learn to use a knife PROPERLY.

love your blog... i just discovered it and am looking "forward to going backward" (haha - reading your older posts)

how big is your garden??
xo
eva

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Hi Eva and welcome! :) My garden is 12 raised beds that are mostly 6X4ft. There will be two more come this fall when I can move my roses out of the way, but for this year, it has worked really well to have just what we have. Those will be for pernnial plants like blueberries.

Enjoy looking around. :) The "Labels" are an easy way to find some of the best stuff.

Have a beautiful Thursday!

Love Val

Callista said...

oh man i just got finished canning strawberry jam and prepping some for the freezer. i think next year im going to invest in one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XOHZWC/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Luisa said...

Glad to hear you're doing better.
That's a lot of love beautiful strawberries.
As promised I posted some cauliflower recipes. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

ColorSlut said...

So glad you are feeling better and goodness. You are a machine. I can't believe you got that many pounds of strawberries!

Mahala said...

I'm 13 weeks along with my fourth and don't have the energy to cook daily either! Any you will share some of your freezer recipes? That would be so helpful!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig