Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What is a garden worth?

In the last two days I have harvested two baskets of beautiful salad greens, handfuls of herbs and edible flowers, and heads of fresh, amazing, organic broccoli.

Organic broccoli is about $3/lb. A bag of salad greens (which these two meals of dinner salad for 5 would have been about four bags) would be about $2.99 each, 2/$5 on sale. Edible flowers and herbs would be about $2 each tiny box. That would be about 2 of those.

Just in the last two days I have made $19 because I turned to my garden instead of the grocery store.

What a beautiful thing! :)

signature

SHARE:

3 comments

Tracey said...

we do the same thing here.. fresh greens, basil, rosemary.. what fun to save on food and have safe food as well!!

ColorSlut said...

I just got broccoli out of my garden last night. Thanks for the post. Makes me feel really good about growing and harvesting :)

Unknown said...

oh yes the garden is a wonderful place. Our family live completely off the garden in the summer! so I say the garden is priceless!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig