Friday, April 16, 2010

A little corner of my yard

While I was on my mini-walkabout today, I decided to cut some flowers for inside. Things are blooming EVERYWHERE outside, and it is all so lovely! But this little corner of the yard took my breath away.

I have had the Spanish Bluebells in my yard before, many times. They are very common here. But I have not ever seen their white cousins in such force before. I looked it up here and they are relitively rare, but I can find no source about them being in the Pacific NW. The sources I found were mostly from England.

Aren't they beautiful?

I currently have them matched up with red tulips from another corner of the yard for a center piece for my kitchen table.


signature
SHARE:

6 comments

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Beautiful!!

Shirley said...

Very pretty flowers!

Umatji said...

so great to find unexpected flowers - we do that all the time as we are fairly new to our place and each season;s weather brings a different success...

ColorSlut said...

Flowers just make me smile!

Jody said...

These are the "unidentified flowers" in one of my front beds. I am wondering if they are sensitive to differences in soil like hydrangeas? Or perhaps mine have just intermixed. I have blue and white and light blue (OK, purple, really, right?)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

@ Jody... those are all spanish bluebells. They can come in colors ranging from pink to deep deep blue to white. They say it is a genetic mutation, but I like to think of them as variation in genes instead. Like a blue eyed child born to two brown eyed people. It happens... just rarely.

I have seen them all. Just not in such force as here. I have some pink ones along the back of the house too. But the most common ones are blue. Those are EVERYWHERE in my yard. Very pretty though! :)

Blessings,

Val

Blogger Template Created by pipdig