Monday, April 26, 2010

Grains of the World - Part 3

This is a double post from my Homeschool blog, but so many people were interested in this project that I thought I would post it over here too. :)

How does our grain garden grow? Well, let's see. The rice has decided not to grow any further than it did in the jar... which isn't too surprising as we are still dealing with low 40's at night here. The oats (that didn't sprout) didn't grow at all, but the other four grains have gone crazy! They are about 2 inches tall and have taken on a beautiful color of green.




The corn hasn't come up yet, but it will be a while before it does. It likes to be really warm. I know we can grow corn here however, so I suspect that when we get back from our trip, we will have tiny corn stalks to add to the school bed grain mosaic.

Link to the other posts: Part 1, and Part 2.

signature

SHARE:

2 comments

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

The girls have a favorite Maisy DVD that we watch at Breakfast and it has a little farm song in it that comes to mind when I see your grains sprouting...if I were there I'd sing it to you but since I can only type it - here goes, "Do you, Or I, Or anyone Know, How Oats and Beans and Barley grow?!"

Now we do! : )

Katie said...

I just love this, you are such a smart lady.
XO

Blogger Template Created by pipdig