Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ecolovies ~ Wool Felted Sweaters!

In the last few weeks I have thought of turning wool felted sweaters into a lot of things... but I never thought of turning them into another sweater! Until this one. I got this 'Men's Large' beauty at the Value Village half off sale and was thinking this nice pattern would make some sweet hats... but when I pulled it out of the dryer, it looked an awful lot like a sweater I used to have. In fact, it was even the same size... so I put it on... and low and behold, it was just slightly big for me... and because it was a Men's, the arms were long enough! I don't know how many of you are tall ladies, but for me, that is a HUGE deal. All women's sleeves are too short. So most of my outerwear is men's small and most of my casual shirts I have at 3/4 length. If I want to get the sleeves long enough, I need to buy specialty clothes or buy at least one size too big. These sleeves touch my fingers... :) and I can pull them down over my hands like I have seen so many other mamas do.

Another thing. I have never been able to wear 100% wool without a rash or itchiness. But the felted wool doesn't cause that itchiness that the unfelted has in the past. I thought that was curious.... and would love to see other mamas try this and let me know how it works out for them!

So, in my estimation, I got the best deal I could have. I got an amazing work sweater, for $3.59 that the sleeves actually are long enough on, and when I am done with work, I have another sweater to cut up and make into adorable hats! It's a win/win!

signature
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig