Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Change is in the air...

Spring and Fall seem like good cleaning and cleansing times. It seems that decluttering and getting unwanted stuff out of the house is doubled with the idea of actually being in the house for the next 6 months. It is funny how coming back to these seasonal rituals helps with the acceptance of the passing of time. Currently, I have a large pile of things that I have collected from around the house that I am going to go through and put in it's place. Mostly papers that need to be sorted, bills that need to be filed, and other things like that.

One thing I am doing differently this year is the clothing. I am going to limit everyone to 10 - 12 outfits each. This is easy for the boys. The idea came from The Man actually doing that already! But for Cyan and I, it won't be so easy.

Does anyone have any ideas on accessories that make our outfits still exciting and fun, while having a very simple wardrobe?

signature
SHARE:

8 comments

Tealah said...

Scarfs (knit ones, guazy ones, fat ones, thin ones... sounding like Dr. Suess here.), cute vests, pins and other things like that. It's not a bad idea, maybe we should do the same... except that it's my husband and son with a wardrobe and not me! =)

Christina Scovel said...

Seems like cleaning in spring and fall are always in order in our house. I agree with Tealah - scarfs, vests, fun belts ... that sort of thing can really spruce up a closet!

What are you going to do with all the extra space?

Nessa said...

I love scarfs, hats, classic jackets that match jeans, pants, skirts etc. I always have earth tone clothes that can mix and match and I like to change it up with earrings and accessories, then throw in a colorful scarf.

Chell said...

You got some great ideas for sprucing up the wardrobe and I was going to also mention fun hair accessories, and home made jewelry.

Judy said...

I can't help you. I love clothes, shoes and accessories. I can't get enough of them. I have been likened to Imelda Marcos and her shoes.

Dina said...

I really need to do that with my girls - we get handed down a LOT of clothes and I never say no. Even with passing on quite a bit, we still have too much. I am going to try to narrow down as well.

Simple Mama said...

I agree with what's been said here. Classics are a necessity. Pair them with scarves, fun jewelry etc. We're constantly pairing down clothes here. We always seem to have too many - and spend too much time doing laundry.

Those Chinese lanterns are beautiful.

Silver Sisters said...

I was going to say scarves, but someone beat me to it. A scarf can really make an outfit out of a bunch of clothes. And I firmly believe that if you say you're not a scarf person you just haven't found the right scarf yet!
I usually keep my clothes down to a dozen or so outfits just because that's how many I can wrap my head around. Simplifying here really can make your life easier.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig