Saturday, July 25, 2009

NEW FARMERS MARKET!


I am not working market this weekend. It is sort of a relief for me, because my weeks have been so crazy busy. So that meant that I got to try out one of our local markets to try to get my weekly goodies. This week I bought 2 bunches Chioggia Beets (the peppermint striped ones), 2 bunches golden beets, apricots, peaches, purple carrots, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, speckle red leaf lettuce, cilantro, a bag of the largest chocolate and peanut butter cookies I had ever seen, and worm tea for my roses.

I have about 10 rose bushes, and I honestly, having never had flowers before, don't have any idea how to make them healthy. The sign above the worm tea (which I have used and made before for my veggie garden) said "Will reduce black rot in roses!" So I figured that I would try it out for my flowers now too. She gave me a little list of instructions along with my tea and she said to only spray them in the morning. Here's hoping it helps my new rose bushes. :)

signature

SHARE:

2 comments

erika~ the inspired mama said...

my mil bought me 3 rose bushes when we bought our house 7 years ago. i am sad to say i am a horrible rose keeper though :/ i am more of a wildflower kind of gal, lol! i really should out forth a little more effort though because they are very pretty!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I have found that it almost isn't worth it to keep roses that are not native to the area. My blue rose is doing great, but it is in a pot. The rest of them, well the native, more wild tea roses, are doing great, but the others are dying a slow and painful death. It's so sad! I have decided that if I add anymore roses to the rose gardens, I will add natives and tea roses only. :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig