Yes, I said Friday and I am posting this on Monday... But I have decided that I am going to start posting the list every Friday for everyone else. It seems that most people have more time over the weekends. My husband has a rotating schedule... Very little consistency and the hardest part about his job so far. But Friday is just as good as any other day for me. :)
For this week, we are moving to the Office/Homeschool area! I feel like I already got a head start... but for me, this also means that I am packing up everything we don't use all the time, so I may need the weekdays to get it all done.
When I have a system that works for a particular area, I will share it here (and sometimes just to toot my own horn ;) )... But I am ALWAYS open to new ideas so if you guys have a great system that works for you for any of these areas in your home please send me links to pictures, or leave a comment with your genius in my comments section. You know how I love comments. :D
Things I try to remember when decluttering:
- Be as brutal as I need to be.
- Things that are broken and/or don't work should be tossed.
- Make lists of things that are needed and be patient with filling those needs.
- Don't declutter just to bring a bunch more in.
- Try to be honest with the difference between needs and wants.
- For at least a week, try to make do... sometimes I am amazed at what I find that will fill the void just by decluttering another space!
Office declutter challenge for the week of Friday May 8th - Friday May 15th (one for each day):
- School books and projects
- Art supplies (stored ones, too)
- Supplies (binders, paper, stored packing materials, etc)
- Finished work
- Craft ideas