Monday, January 5, 2009

What a day...

"My mother gave me that look. The one that meant she knew she would go to jail if she killed me, but it just minght be worth it.

At such a moment, a parent will say very softly, one syllable at a time "get-out-of-my-sight". And any kid with half a brain will get up and go.

Then the parent will sit very still."

A exerpt from Robart Fulgum's It Was On Fire When I Lay Down On It that just about discribes my day.

I love my children. I love my children. I really really love my children.

Sigh. I really do.
SHARE:

1 comment

Growing in the Green said...

LMAO! How I can relate to your writing today. Somedays are very difficult for parents, and LOVE is what keeps us going, isn't it.

keep up the good work on discovering yummy teas. I too have expensive taste in coffee and can totally relate. A coffee snob really and a few years again I discovered herb teas were totally satisfying and could really help certain things I go through.
You are so creative you could grow half your tea stash!!!

Glad you were able to bring in the new year with your sweetie. Hope you had a rockin time!

And your goals are awesome. i agree, I dont do well with resolutions, but having a new year sure helps me decide on how to make things better. I fail myself far to much to resolve things on New Years.
love ya girl. Missed you

Blogger Template Created by pipdig