Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Tonight was made extra special because Don is here to celebrate the New Year with us. He hasn't had a New Years Eve off in about 5 years now. It was WONDERFUL to have him here. We watched Prince Caspian, which was a Christmas gift to the kids along with a box of Turkish Delights. We added some chocolates my dad gave us, some popcorn buttered to perfection with Honey and Chamomile tea (a new favorite) and hung out by the fire. At 9pm we called Alex to ring in the New Year with him in the time zone he is visiting in Florida, and conference called my mom in California so she could join in the celebration with us. It has been a great night so far.

Seeing my children cuddled up with my husband during such a celebration was really wonderful. It is easy to think of always being alone when you are a police officer's wife. You are alone a lot... but it really makes those nights that Don is with us all the sweeter.

Speaking of which... I have a couple more hours before we get to ring in the New Year right here in our state, and I am going to spend them with my husband.

Love to you all and the happiest of New Years!!!

2009!!!!!
SHARE:

2 comments

Chell said...

Happy New Year!! Hope 2009 is a great year for you and your family..

Brie said...

Happy New Year to you and yours:)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig