Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A bit more of my past

I have been looking for pictures of Laura and I from when I was little for the last two days. I can't seem to find any. I remember there being pictures, but I may not have them. These are pictures I found while looking however:

A farm haul from my mom's farm, August 1984.

Onions, zucchini, fresh baked bread, about 3 dozen eggs, a 'loaf' of cheese, fresh goats milk, a box of potatoes, more beans, cabbage, cucumbers, and lettuce than anyone knows what to do with. And that didn't include the apples that were about to come on to the trees that month or the hazelnuts that were falling off the tree that fall.


Here is my big brother Jay with our sweet milking goat Regina. In this picture, Jay is 12. The same age Alex is right now. Alex and his uncle Jay are similar souls. But that is another post.

Me eating canned applesauce and fresh waffles at 4 years old. I still have that highchair, although Logan eats in it now. It is even still yellow.

Ok, back to my 2008 peach canning marathon.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig