Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The first tomatoes are here!

I picked one three days ago that wasn't quite ripe, but I was just too thrilled to see the deep pink peeking out from under my tomato leaves as I did the pruning. Cyan picked two more tomatoes today, and then of course, Logan had to pick one too... Cyan's weren't quite ripe. You can guess what color Logan's was. Green. LOL! But he was so proud! Tomatoes are coming. Wooohooo!

They were beautiful and will just taste better as the sunny days come back again.

The last four days it has been down right 'fall' cold. 65* as a daytime high, and 50* as a night time low. Crazy after the 90* set of two weeks we had last!

This brings me to a bit of news. I have taken a job at the my local organic farm working their market stand with a friend of mine. It is only on Sundays, and I honestly think it will be tons of fun, but am giving myself two Sundays to cement the commitment and luckily they are ok with that. I haven't worked out side the home in 7 years now. That is a long time. We will see how it goes. But I am really wanting it to work. I love the farm, I love the market, and I love my friend... so it has all the makings of great success!
SHARE:

5 comments

Becka said...

our tomatoes are coming in too. gotta love fresh homegrown tomatoes.

congratulations on your job. It sounds like it would be a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

Thats great that you have a very part time job. I do hope you like it. Ive decided to open a small daycare in my home. I have an extra room that we built last year so Im using that. Im very excited about it. Oh, and you're lucky you have ripe tomatoes because mine are still very green! But I made two loaves of fresh zucchini bread today and am making 4 more loaves tomorrow!! Im freezing it. Talk to you again soon.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Thanks guys. I am excited about it. I feel like it will be a great opportunity to get out of the house, and do something that I love, and support something that I beleive in all at the same time. I did a short training shift (kinda) today, and brought home tons of yummy stuff for me and some for my chickens too (beet tops make great chicken treats!)

Blessings,

Val

PS Beth, I am so sorry I haven't called you back. Things have been so crazy busy. If you get the chance, email me at BlueRoseMama@hotmail.com and I will be able to have a conversation with you that way.

Anonymous said...

Okie Dokie!

Katie said...

SO happy for you Val! You are following your bliss which always leads to wonderful things!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig