Sunday, May 11, 2008

Visitors for Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

We have several little mothers rushing around our house lately. We have nesting materials that we have laid out (some purposely and some not so purposely) that they have been collecting for about a month now. No one has come back to the blue nest since some critter jumped on it and set it askew. But they are nesting close by. :) So we see them a lot, getting their spaces ready and comfortable for their newly hatched broods.

Sweet chickadee mama, collecting the fluff next to her on the ground.

Blue Jay that is completely convinced that we are going to rob her nest of little ones. I don't even know where it is, but yesterday while I was walking, she followed me half a block to harass me about it. We also have a small flock of robbins that we watch collect all sorts of things from our backyard and take away. There must be babies close by. The chickens are even being broody... clucking LOUDLY whenever they lay an egg, laying on them... waiting for chicks that would only come if we had a rooster. Which we don't. So we collect them right out from under the upset bitties. They are getting used to it.

It has been a sweet, but very busy spring season so far. School is coming to a close for both my children, the days are still wet, but they are warm, so we have been spending a lot of time outside. Spring is in the air. I sure wish it was in the weather. But we have changed the world. I don't think it is going to go back from here unfortunetly.

Much love to my mama friends on Blogger! (My newest mama friend Katie just had her baby last week! Congratulations and happy BabyMoon Katie! Jack is an amazingly blessed baby!)

SHARE:

1 comment

Quinn said...

Happy Belated Mother's day. I love the photo of the tulip.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig