Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Birthday Party

Logan's first birthday was a very small afair. We only invited people that would fit comfortably in our house in January. And most of them were not able to come. So it ended up just being my dad, Margret, her daughter Rae, and us. It was nice though. Very relaxed, very easy. Just Logan's cup of tea.

Pictures of babies eating their first birthday cake, with cake smashed all over their faces, is apparently a new trend (at least in the last generation). My dad was a little flabergasted we wanted to take so many pictures of my sweet baby with chocolate covering all of his cuteness. lol... He remembers me doing this with both other kids too, and says he didn't get it then either.

But man, he is SO cute!

And his celebration called out the baker in me. You may not know this, but I am not a baker. I am very good at cooking, but baking is not an art I possess. I tried to make these cupcakes look like mushrooms. I think the rock candy at the bottom is the only part that really gave it away. They are cute anyway. Just not necessarily mushrooms. I have to keep working on it this year to see if I can get it for next year (which of course, I already have all planned out in my head).

SHARE:

1 comment

Katie said...

Looks like so much fun! Something I have to look forward to in a year or so :)
The cupcakes are so cute!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig