Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ducks

These sweet ducks live about a mile from us at the old Olympia Brewrey Falls park. I miss the old brewrey something terrible some days. The horn used to blow at 8:30am, noon, and 5pm every day. It hasn't blown now for three years. The last time it blew, before they took it down and moved it, it had a mornful air and they blew it for over a minute. It got me all choked up. Just like most in this area, I lived with that sound three times a day for more than half my life, not to mention the other hunreds of locals that the brewrey gave supported and gave work to.
This was three years ago now...
But the ducks remain.

SHARE:

2 comments

Katie said...

Beautiful pictues Val, you really capture what you are describing, that is a rare talent....

simply patti said...

Oh Val! Wonderful post! I love the picture of the brewery... so cool!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig