Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Cucumbers...

they have been the devil of my garden for the past 3 years. I have planted them, and then they will proceed to take over and I will have to cut them back. Plus them being on the ground where the slugs can get at them I get about 1/4 of the fruit 100% whole and beautiful. It sucks, and I figured I would only get one plant this year and try to trellis it. It worked out better than I could have ever imagined.

On to the pictures:

Here they are trellised on my old rose stakes... they just cling right on there and produce off the ground. I will never do cukes another way again.

These two little bitties are just coming ripe this week. I am pretty excited to pick them too as I picked all the ripe ones over a week ago now and am due for another installment. Can I say they are PERFECT! They look better than anything I have gotten at the store.

This monster of a cucumber I just ate dipped in ranch last weekend. The one above was the center peice of a wonderful set of California rolls for the week before.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig